Successfully Recalling Employees
Recall Furloughed Employees and Controlling Unemployment Costs
The Cares Act has put emergency provisions into the state unemployment insurance system giving richer benefits than ever before, for longer periods. While this is a huge relief to employees affected by Covid-19, employers have questions as to how this will effect their ability to re-staff their businesses and what financial impact the it will have.
Many furloughed employees are now earning substantially more on unemployment than their employer paid them while working, and may be less apt to return to work.
Please join us for our Office Hours for an interactive session that will address:
- Financial risk of Covid-19 unemployment charges to for-profit and non-profit businesses
- How to properly track and protest your charges
- Best practices for implementing your recall process to limit UI liability
- “Good cause” for refusing to return to work
During the Office Hour you will be asked if you want to share your answers to the following questions(you can choose your level of anonymity in answering these questions):
- Have you had to furlough or reduce hours and wages for your employees?
- Are you in the process or planning a strategy to recall your employees?
- Are you actively tracking your unemployment charges now?
- There will be a brief presentation at the beginning of the Office Hour and then we will share innovative examples of virtual business networking
- Participants will then share their answers to the above questions
- We will conclude with an Ask the Expert segment where attendees can get one-on-one advice from the presenter
This session is limited to 20 attendees so it will remain informative and interactive.
Our April Office Hours had an average overall rating of 4.8 out of 5. Here is what attendees have said about the experience:
“Being able to engage with experts and discuss and share ideas and strategies was great!”…John D.
“Great interaction. Sharing and receiving suggestions from experts in a small group setting was invaluable”…Mark F.
About the Expert
Evan oversees client analysis and implementation to help business owners and leaders manage the cost, compliance and complexity of employer unemployment programs. He also facilitates educational seminars for clients, industry associations and various employer groups across the country.